– Ninety-Three Percent of Advisors Surveyed Identified Need for Further Education on Retirement Income Planning –
Over 670 qualified respondents participated in this online survey, with an overwhelming 93 percent identifying the need for broader advisor education on retirement income planning.
"Our survey confirmed what we had thought – that there is an vast need for more education, which is why we recently launched the RICP designation," offers
Some of the key findings from the survey are:
- Having a clear, systematic planning approach and choosing the right strategies and products to generate a lifetime income are the biggest challenges for advisors when constructing a retirement income plan.
- Market volatility, followed by longevity and rising healthcare costs, are the most difficult risks to manage in building a client's retirement income plan.
- 93 percent feel most advisors/wealth managers need to know more about retirement income planning.
- 68 percent believe there is a need for a serious professional designation to retirement income planning.
- 69 percent believe that such a designation/certification would build more effective relationships with investing consumers.
"The results of this survey confirm that there is a greater need for advisors to continue to become more educated about retirement income planning," states
The study follows the recent launch of the RICP™ curriculum and designation program by
"For far too long, the financial services industry has concentrated its efforts on investors accumulating wealth," offers
To view graphics and additional insights developed via survey findings, please visit http://www.investmentnews.com/retirement-income-designation.
Since 1998, InvestmentNews has been delivering news and analysis essential to the business of financial advisors. Our weekly newspaper, which combines comprehensive news with accurate, independent reporting on the entire financial services industry, provides financial advisors with insight into the market unavailable in any other publication. Today, our readers have come to rely on InvestmentNews for up-to-date market information on the stories and events affecting their clients' investments, making us the number one source of news to the financial advisor community. The InvestmentNews main office is located in
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
|Source:||PR Newswire Association LLC|