“We are in an unprecedented opportunity and time,” Williams told the audience at the
She summarized Merrill’s new strategy as follows:
1. Be more global. Go overseas for yield.
2. Recognize the buy and hold of yesteryear is, if not completely obsolete, giving way to a more dynamic approach.
3. Look for yield with multi-national stocks through dividend-paying equities.
4. Get stability from emerging market bonds, which are more attractive today than yields on U.S. bonds.
5. Look abroad in countries Merrill would not have recommended five years ago, including
6. Use commodities for diversification.
Female business owners represent another distinct opportunity for advisors, she said.
“Women-owned enterprises produce
|Copyright:||(c) 2011 Financial Planning. All rights Reserved.|
|Source:||Source Media, Inc.|