|Business Wire, Inc.|
New insurance solution introduced for liability product development and risk management
Since the acquisition of Leading Hedge from
“The post financial crisis environment has created new challenges for variable annuity managers and the call for more effective risk and hedging strategies presented a unique opportunity for
As insurance-industry best practices evolve, solution providers have needed to keep pace in terms of sophisticated modeling techniques that give issuers the ability to design and manage inherent risk over a product’s lifecycle.
“We are encouraged to see additional software solutions becoming available to meet the increasingly complex modeling, valuation and risk management needs of insurers,” says
Over the past year,
- Out of the box support for all flavors of VA’s and FIA’s including Withdrawal Benefit (WB), Income Benefit (IB), Accumulation Benefit (AB) and Death Benefit (DB) in the VA space and
Point-to-Point, Call Spread, Cliquet, Binary (Digital) and Asian Rainbow structures in the FIA space.
- A revolutionary “scriplet” technology which provides full control, flexibility and transparency on the liability cash flow logic allowing
Numerixclients to innovate through their unique and customized product designs.
Monte Carloprocesses for risk-neutral valuations and higher-order Greeks that can be scaled across compute grids providing near linear scalability and faster turnaround of hedging grids and other reports.
- Numerix’s hybrid framework which allows users to combine marginal models from multiple risk factors, tying them together with a correlation matrix.
- Robust liability trading grids and trading analytics across a variety of market shocks for the intraday rebalancing of hedge assets.
Advanced analytics for asset liability management is available through the full suite of Numerix Leading Hedge insurance solutions, which includes:
- Numerix Leading Hedge for liability product development and risk management – Production Platform for end-to-end risk management and hedging of annuity products, most notably Variable Annuities and Fixed Index Annuities. Flexible in nature, can be run as client server, gridded or cloud.
- Numerix CrossAsset – An extremely flexible and powerful actuarial workbench for the design and pricing of insurance products and hedge assets.
- Numerix Market Risk – A robust investments platform for pricing and risk management of General Account and Hedging programs. Modular in approach, providing mark to market, scenario analysis, portfolio attribution and Value at Risk. Advanced Replicating Portfolio module for Liability Driven Investing (LDI).
- Numerix Economic Scenario Generator (ESG) – A sophisticated stochastic simulation framework for producing risk neutral and real world economic scenarios that can be used across all lines of business for all work products.
Director of Public Relations
|Copyright:||Copyright Business Wire 2012|