The most recent Insight Report from
"Consumers are demanding more services for their debit cards if they are to activate and use them more often. Concerns about security, particularly online, and lack of rewards are potential inhibitors to greater debit card use," states
More than 50% of respondents expressed interest in a valuable debit card rewards program and enhanced security, found to be the two most desirable services for debit cards of the eight the survey listed, and nearly 50% would be willing to pay for these services.
Consumer interest is growing in every value-added service asked about in both 2014 and 2013 survey, and this year's respondents are more willing to pay for each service, with security and identity theft protection topping the list.
The study also examines the topics highlighted below.
Highlights of this report include:
• Year-over-year trending of payment type used in households, including debit card use in the U.S. and the ways that consumers use debit cards
• Ownership of EMV chip cards by type, use in U.S. and abroad where chip cards are recognized and experience in using the chip cards
• Comparison of debit card ownership to debit card use
• A shift in demographics of debit cardholders
• Use of person-to-person payments and online payment services by brand and primary reasons for using online payment services
• Comparison of use of financial institutions of specific payment services with use of alternative services initiated in supermarkets, discount stores, and other outlets
• Account opening experiences, awareness of new fees on checking accounts, and reactions to these fees
• Cash spending and reasons for cash use
The report is 70 pages long and contains 35 exhibits
Members of Mercator Advisory Group CustomerMonitor Survey Series Service have access to this report as well as the upcoming research for the year ahead, presentations, analyst access and other membership benefits.
Please visit us online at http://www.mercatoradvisorygroup.com.
For more information and media inquiries, please call
For free industry news, opinions, research, company information and more visit us at http://www.PaymentsJournal.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/11/prweb12323039.htm</p>
|Copyright:||(c) 2014 PRWEB.COM Newswire|