Allstate has hired a team of six investment professionals to further manage source and manage investments, the company said. “We’re thrilled with the flexible and sophisticated approach of this talented and experienced team led by Mick Solimene, who has more than 30 years of experience in special situations investing,” said Russ Mayerfeld, senior managing director and head of alternative and private investments. “They are part of Allstate’s ongoing initiative to increase the returns and scope of the alternative investment portfolio, which includes private equity, real estate, infrastructure and agribusiness.”
The new team includes:
* Mick Solimene, managing director, was a senior managing director and head of the restructuring and special situations group at Macquarie Capital.
* Phil Van Winkle, managing principal, served as a managing director at AEG Partners and AEG Capital.
* Chris Brown, managing principal, has 25 years of professional experience, including structuring, trading and managing investments in credit opportunities funds, as well as providing restructuring advisory services.
* Ashok Vishnubhakta, principal, has about 12 years of professional experience focused on fundamental analysis, deal structuring and negotiation across opportunistic and special situations investing, as well as restructuring advisory services.
* Alex Hunstad, senior associate, was a private equity associate at Water Street Healthcare Partners and an investment banking analyst in the global financial sponsors and M&A groups at Barclays Capital.
* Amy Zhang, senior associate, was an investment banking credit risk analyst focused on the insurance sector at