- Invitation-only event will convene 200+ innovators and executives of color to tap into the social currency, financing capital, and business acumen of leading companies, such as SAP,
- Opportunity for leading companies and professionals to celebrate diversity’s achievements and collaborate on ways to fix long-standing inclusion issues – as well as make deals.
- Awards event to honor
African-Americanleaders and pioneers who embody this year’s theme: Lloyd Carney, Pamela Joyner, Issac Vaughnand Robin Washington
- Attendees and sponsors to include senior executives from Intel, Salesforce, HPE, Google, EY, Twilio,
Vista Equity Partnersand other leading firms
- Featured speakers include
David Hornikof August Capital, Aeris CEO Marc Jones, investor and philanthropist Gbenga Oyebode, Esq. and master of ceremonies, actor Hill Harper
Business advisor and growth strategist
SAP also commented on the upcoming Weekend: “SAP is committed to fueling innovation and economic growth by increasing the diversity of our technology workforce,” said
The agenda will feature one-on-one interviews, panel discussions, Think Tank sessions, a VIP dinner, and an awards ceremony. Events include:
- A Breakfast with Millennial Tech Entrepreneurs and Influencers sponsored by
SAPand Vista Equity Partnerswill gather 25 LatinX and African-Americancompany founders and tech influencers to accelerate collaborations between senior professionals of color and corporate America.
- A Fireside Chat on the Future of Black Hollywood and Tech will discuss the ways in which business leaders of color can impact global media and reach new audiences and new revenue streams. It will feature
Luke Cageshowrunner Cheo Cokerand The Virtual Reality CompanyCEO Guy Primus. Hosted at SAP in Palo Alto.
- A Social Innovation Think/Action Tank, produced in partnership with
Babson College Social Innovation Lab, will facilitate the exchange of solutions for inclusive entrepreneurship and innovation. Participants will include a curated group of c-suite executives, entrepreneurs, innovators, investors and influencers of color. August Capitals David Hornikwill kick off the day. Hosted at Google in Mountain View.
- A Conversation on Technology and
West Africawill feature Aeris CEO Marc Jonesand Nigerian entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist Gbenga Oyebode, Esq.
- The Culture Shifting Awards ceremony will recognize
African-Americanleaders and pioneers who have broken barriers within their fields and contributed to progress on diversity and inclusion in business and society.
- Honorees include
Lloyd Carney, CEO of Brocade Communications Systems; Pamela Joyner, Businesswoman and Art Collector; Issac Vaughn, CEO of Ooyala; and Robin Washington, CFO of Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Award-winning actor, best-selling author and philanthropist
Dee Holmes, PR Consultant
PRLog ID: www.prlog.org/12632937
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/culture-shifting-weekend-in-silicon-valley-building-bridges-not-walls-leveraging-diversity-and-partnerships-to-drive-innovation–growth-300438982.html