In addition, Movement is investing millions of dollars in new technology, facilities and its nonprofit
The Movement Impact Report, released today, is the company’s first annual report to stakeholders on its business operations, growth and community investments. The company set new highs in total volume, profit, national market share and employees in 2016.
In 2016, Movement financed more than
“Our goal is to transform our industry, corporate culture and communities through our business. These results are not our focus, but rather the evidence that we are making progress in our mission to be a movement of change,” Founder and Chief Executive
- In October, Movement Mortgage launched a digital mortgage platform to simplify the application process, improve accessibility and transparency, and boost the overall experience for homebuyers.
- Approximately 20,000 files were submitted through the Easy App from October to December, with the average user completing the entire experience in only 30 minutes.
- Movement achieved loan volume of
$12 billionin 2016, serving more than 55,000 families.
- The addition of 201 branches and five states in 2016 brings Movement’s total to 662 branches in 47 licensed states.
$22 millionNational Sales Support Center in Fort Mill, S.C.opened in 2016. It now houses over 800 employees.
South CarolinaGovernor Nikki Haleywelcomed employees to the new space when it opened. “To see this beautiful building and to see the energy, you totally get why Movement Mortgage is one of the fastest growing companies in the nation,” she said.
- A planned second building at the headquarters campus will add 700 more jobs over the next five years, and a 100,000 square-foot operations campus in
Norfolk, Virginiawill open in May to house 750 employees.
- Last year Movement’s employee care program, Love Works, gave away
$1 millionin grants to 366 employees facing unexpected financial burdens.
- In 2016, Movement launched a 90-day debt loss challenge, #loseamillion, that resulted in over
$2.8 millionin employee personal debt eliminated across the company, almost triple the original goal.
$12 millioninvestment from the Movement Foundationseeded startup costs for Movement School, a tuition-free charter school opening in Charlotte, N.C.this fall. Movement Foundationreached outside of the U.S.in 2016 to purchase an 1,100-acre farm in Ugandathrough an investment of more than $1 million. A local staff of 50 farmers, supervisors, technicians and other workers will address hunger, poverty and joblessness through the farm.
- A partnership with Samaritan’s Feet led Movement volunteers to distribute shoes to over 6,300 underserved children in
Tijuana, Mexicoand across the U.S.
- The Movement Center, a
$3 millioninvestment from the Movement Foundation, continues to give local ministries and nonprofits a low or no-cost co-working space for collaboration and community outreach.
About Movement Mortgage
Founded in 2008, Movement Mortgage exists to love and value people by leading a
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/movement-mortgage-forecasts-15-billion-loan-volume-25-increase-in-2017-300440201.html
SOURCE Movement Mortgage