Director Cabaniss had prioritized meeting OPM's Retirement Services staff and getting a firsthand look at their field operations.
The Chief of Staff and District Director for Congressman
“I was truly impressed by the overwhelming sense of dedication and community shown by our OPM employees in
– OPM Director Dale Cabaniss
“I want to thank Director Dale Cabaniss for her visit to
– Approximately 630 Retirement Services employees serve in the
– OPM serves about 2.7 million annuitants and survivors.
– In FY18, RS processed 114,151 retirement claims.
– In FY18, RS assisted 4,036,540 customers online.
– (Website) Retirement resources for Federal Employees(https://www.opm.gov/retirement-services/federal-employees/)
– (Website) Retirement resources for retirees or family members(https://www.opm.gov/retirement-services/retirees-or-family-members/)
– (Website) Retirement resources for new/prospective employees(https://www.opm.gov/retirement-services/newprospective-employees/)
OPM's Retirement Services (RS) is responsible for the government-wide administration of retirement benefits and services for Federal employees, retirees, and their families. These benefits and services offer employees the opportunity to effectively plan and manage their retirement. RS administers the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and the Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS), serving 2.7 million Federal retirees and survivors who receive monthly annuity payments. RS always strives to provide timely and responsive services and information to retirees and their families.